Thursday, May 6, 2010

It's a NEW Thursday!



I'm about four short stories away from completing my book. The first draft of a collection of short stories that OUT my truth about REAL life for Canadian military families. I have to admit that as I'm nearing the end, I am wavering...about finishing...about letting it go.

I do that a lot. Or at least I used to...I would complete things, almost, and then put it away, leaving it on the shelf. When you don't finish something, it's easier not to fail. You don't have to see the outcome because it is still a work in progress... It's so much easier to leave it on the back of your shelf, unaware, collecting dust.




I don't want to be that person anymore.
I want to be the person who finishes her projects
and sees them through to the end, whatever the outcome.
I want to be the person who goes all the way despite being afraid.
I want to be the person who holds her head up high
and feels her heart beating inside her body
knowing she was true to herself, to her story,
no matter who denies, negates or refutes it.

I want to finish my stories. I want to finish my book. I want to hold the finished draft in my hands and feel the sense of accomplishment it will bring. As I get closer to the end I want to push away the gremlins and say to them : "Ya, I see you, but move aside because this book is getting finished." I want to honor my story because it is worthy of being told.

Thank-you to all those who have asked about my writing, my book and it's progress... I have decided to dedicate Thursdays to finishing this book. Thursday will be my writing day. ART will have to wait for me as I put words to paper in a different way.

Watch out book! I'm coming for YOU!




6 comments:

  1. Sooooo super excited for you and I CANNOT wait to celebrate when its finished. Writing a book is something i dream of doing and you are actually doing this my lovely... that is HUGE! Have a fabulous writing day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I don't want to be that person anymore. So good!

    And, good luck with getting finished. Such an amazing thing! I can't wait to see what else you are able to do too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Danielle. And as you're a writer, what would you suggest for the best writing book you've read? I see you've got a pile there! I just finished Goldberg's Writing down the Bones...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Writing Down the Bones is my favorite, but a surprisingly good unknown is If You Want to Write.

    There were many golden truths in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Canada! You sound like you have become so strong and determined - so happy for you.

    And THANK YOU for the amazing little package that dropped through my door this weekend. I shall be writing a blog post about it shortly, but for now I just wanted to say that the precious content will be loved dearly for a long time!

    BethXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rock Danielle. Totally rock. I can't wait to read your story, your truths.

    This post really resonated for me. I do that too. Stop just before I get to the finish. It was interesting to read your take on that today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your words. I tuck them inside my heart pocket. xo