Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dear Body, I LOVE YOU!

This is a picture of me at age 9

Dear body,

Thank-you for being strong and for helping me accomplish so much despite much neglect. You have been beyond kind and gentle with me as I have been journeying through the last five years... I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me achieve many milestones during this time. You have stood by my broken heart and my broken spirit, gently nudging me to move forward, to keep going, one step at a time. You have been my silent cheerleader, my constant companion despite the many days I have loathed you, cursed you, abused you and unloved you. Thank-you for your patience and your unconditional LOVE. Thank-you for not giving up on me even though I gave up on you SO MANY TIMES. Thank-you for graciously sitting back while I healed and honored my broken heart and my broken spirit. Thank-you for giving me the time to focus on the other parts inside of me. Thank-you for not saying: "I told you so."

I want to let you know that your patience has paid off. That I am now putting you at the top of my list. I am now going to feed you with clean food, exercise and unconditional LOVE. I am ready. I am so sorry. I am so grateful you stuck it out with me and I promise you that I will never ignore you again. You and me, we are going places. BIG dreams still need to be realized and I need you by my side for a very very long time.

Dear Body, I LOVE YOU! xo

3 comments:

  1. AMAZING POST!!

    what a beautiful and glorious love letter you have offered to your self. it is truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your words. I tuck them inside my heart pocket. xo