Saturday, August 14, 2010

I Walk Because I Can

I walk because I can.
One foot in front of the other.
Hitting the pavement. Each step bringing me elsewhere. Away.
I walk because I can.

My body holding up my legs.
My legs holding up my body.
My head forward.
Each step reminding me that I belong to the walking world.
To the world of those who walk.
I walk because I can.
Sometimes guiltily, angrily, I walk.
Each step bringing me farther away.
But closer to the truth.
The reality.
I walk because I can.

I walk because you can't.
I walk as you roll through this life.
Wheels on ground, hands on metal.
I walk with my head facing forward.
Facing the sun and the sadness.
I walk, each step bringing me closer to the truth.
The truth I hide and bury.
I walk to overcome.

I walk because I can.
Alone.
As you roll.
I walk this life.
Still dealing and healing.
I walk because I can.
Still hurting and praying.
I walk because I can.
Each step bringing me towards the pain I deny.
I do not cry.
I walk because I can.

8 comments:

  1. poetry truth of the words spoken by the artist who knows feel deeply

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful!! Wishing you a lovely merry happy sunday and love to you!

    jacqueline
    http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danielle! Oh what a lovely bright and inspiring place you have here! just read all about your creative space you lucky thing! And can't wait to see more of your beautiful creations - I'll be back for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang on - I just read in your bio that you have snow for 6 months of the year!!! Oh my god I am sooo envious!!! I would love to just have one year where I coudl experience that! We had temps as high as 46 degrees celcius this summer, and this winter has been so dry. Our nights get cool, and the days are gorgeous and warm and sunny - more like spring so I feel I've been duped of winter :) I woudl love some white... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! touches the heart for sure... =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Danielle. Your words are full of honesty and magic all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so beautiful Danielle. I am so behind on my blog reading, so I'm catching up with you this morning with my coffee...and it's been the best way to start my morning :) Your studio is amazing btw!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your words. I tuck them inside my heart pocket. xo