Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Intention as my Roadmap

"Set Your Intentions'
This is a painting I will be showing at the Fringe ART Show next week...

Autumn has always been a time of NEW BEGINNINGS for me. A time that makes me feel I can reinvent myself, improve upon, evolve... Maybe it's the fact that it's back to school or that I used to be a school teacher and a new school year always brought a newness to my life; a new class, a new bunch of students to learn from, a new bunch of parents to endure...lol...

I am also a FALL baby (being born in November), so this time of year is particularly special to me. It reminds me that I am closer to being one year older, better, wiser...

It is also a time where I enroll in classes again (a drawing class at the local ART Gallery), get back to my clubs that I have missed (my book club), and sign up for group meditation as well...

One of my ARTful Journey sisters is encouraging us all to 'set our intentions' and focus on what we desire. Louise has a very inspirational post that you should check out! Her post has reminded me to be more mindful of my thoughts and to gently push away all matters that do not help fuel my deepest desires and my very small and very big dreams!

What do you focus on? Is it feeding you or draining you? I promise to kick my negative thoughts to the curb for the next 24hours... Let's see how much of a difference a day makes? Are you in?

5 comments:

  1. I'm in.

    I always love stopping by your blog. I can't tell you how many times I get here to find a post that reflects exactly where I'm at on my journey right now. I think we are kindred spirits my friend.

    Last night I was thinking about my creative dreams and thinking about how much I really, really, really want them to come true, and how often I stop myself from allowing myself to really want them.

    So I'm going to allow myself to really want these things for myself, for as long as I possibly can. That's my intention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in! Negative thoughts are KICKED!

    Beautiful and thought provoking post, Danielle! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in ove with all your new paintings. They are gorgeous. :) Such a lovely and very inspiring post and i am with you in kicking away the negative thoughts! Things didn't start out right this week and i feel a little lost...but your post help me lots and make me feel so much better! Thanks so much. Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

    jacqueline
    http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. September is my favourite month too. It seems so much more of a time for change and new things than January and New Years ever does...probably it's part of nature chaning as well that backs up that feeling but still...it feels like a more natural and easy time to make changes...and always has a fresher air of hope:D I am completely drained and diverted from my usual enjoyment of this month however because of a nasty 2 week long cold...but things are on the mend and with smell and taste slowly returning so does the sense of possibilites and plans:D

    I am a november baby too:D....Happy Very Early Birthday to you, ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. as always...love your girl and the reminder she gives- set your intention!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your words. I tuck them inside my heart pocket. xo