Monday, September 27, 2010

Studio 276


Welcome to Studio 276...

Tour on the Fringe...an ART show and sale.



This ART show is hosted inside Heather Topp's home.
A generous artist who invites people into her home every year
to showcase other artists in our northern city.
This year there were over twenty artists and I was lucky enough to be one of them.



It is here that I spent the last three days,
surrounded by fellow artists and people in my community
who believe in the importance of supporting ART.


Come on in... I want to show you the work of these talented people.



Here are the landscape paintings of Celine Blais Maltais and the pottery made by Darlene Dardick. Two super cool women I had the opportunity to get to know a little...



A series of collages made from the talented Jenny Latreille.
She is a multi-media artist. She is also a friend.



This is some of the work of Lynn Latreille (Jenny's Mom). She is super creative and is always bringing fresh ideas every year. She also makes killer handbags. I bought one with a felted poppy on it. This woman rocks! This is part of a collection of pen and ink blocks.
They are FABULOUS!


This is the work of featured artist Ron Langin. This is part of his new collection.
He used cornmeal, beeswax and oil paint to create these beauties...


This is the beautiful work of the very talented Tricia Stenabaugh.
My new ART friend. She also had other lovely works painted on watercolour.



This figure was created by the host and AMAZING artist Heather Topp.
She has many figures of women throughout her home. They are AWESOME!



This is another of Heather's works. Her work is an experience!



Here are some paintings that you surely recognize. My big eyed girls were hearted by many. I also had a table filled with goodies that are now being worn and shared with the peeps in my community and across Ontario.

This weekend was a taste of what it's like to be in the company of the most respected and talented artists in my community. I soaked it all in. I met many people that I hope to spend more time with as I continue this ARTful journey.

I am planning some new projects and listing some new goals. FRINGE was everything I was hoping for and MORE! It has opened me up to more possibilities and has filled my heart right up with joy and gratitude.

I am going to continue to process and make my lists this week as I prepare for another ART show in North Bay on Sunday. I will tell you more about it this week. For now, I need to get some groceries and tidy up. I am starting a NEW drawing class tonight at the Sudbury ART Gallery. Here's to loving life even with a bad cold and a tired body. I am also so grateful to Steve who has been putting in more time lately so I can live the life of my dreams...

I hope you enjoyed the tour~LOVE to you all!

8 comments:

  1. This event looks AMAZING!! What a beautiful environment and community to be living in for three days. Your hostess is a fabulous woman and artist from what is conveyed in these pictures =-) Congratulations on this experience in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Danielle! I loved this tour and LOVE LOVE your work being in this show. You are soaring my friend!!

    xxoo
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you were able to take part - I really enjoyed getting to spend some time with you, finally!! My mom and I hung around for a while after; Heather needed a little time to unwind with a debriefing. Which, really is just an excuse to drink some wine and talk about who ate the most snacks... I really hope you can come back next year, but I really, REALLY hope we can schedule some time to hang out before that! Congratulations on your first Fringe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my dear....my heart warmed to read of your latest endeavor. how wonderful it is to be amongst creative beings who "get" us. i am so loving the opportunity to follow your creative journey...it is so great to watch you CUL*TI*VATE all this beauty!
    xo
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great collection of art. Lots of beautiful work there, and lovely to see yours in amidst it. Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool are you!!! What a wonderful experience and your work looks fantastic! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Danielle, this is totally awesome!! A great tour and how wonderful to see your work amoung so many wonderful inspiring works!! So happy for you and a huge congratz!! Yay and hoooray! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

    jacqueline
    http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. WONDERFUL! What an amazing way to spend time - with your fellow creative community. They are all so talented and so different too. Cant wait to see whats next my lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your words. I tuck them inside my heart pocket. xo