Monday, May 30, 2011

An Answered Prayer


I'm back from Huntsville.  It was a short trip.  It was also life altering. 
To be honest I am still processing the synchronicity of it all. 

Melanie and I had a FABULOUS time as we drove through some of the most beautiful landscapes of our province.  We stopped by the antique shops along the way and eventually made it to the pretty town of Huntsville.  We talked and talked and lunched and walked and we found ourselves walking through  
these doors.  There, I fell head over heals with an artist.  Her art just spoke to me so much it actually tugged at my heartstrings.  I was so moved.  I was inspired.  My art bubble completely busted OPEN.

The lovely woman working in the Gallery told us that artist was Beverly Hawksley.  She was a local artist.  She had a studio in the woods less then ten minutes away and that it was OPEN.

My heart began to race.  My stomach started churning...
OMG.  I get to meet this woman?  And see her studio?  And see more of her work?

So, off we went, ditching the GPS for Melanie's keener sense of direction.  
(She is WAY more on the ball
and has a kinder tone in her voice that I much appreciate).
Upon pulling up to the Studios
(plural = next door is the studio of the amazing potter Eric Lindgren)

Sadly, Beverly had stepped out for the afternoon... 
My heart sank, but I would not give up.
The next day we ventured forth again to the beautiful spot in the woods. 
As we pulled up to the studio I saw this.  Flutter. Flutter.


Beverly graciously welcomed us into her home and studio and I was transported to that place again that took my breath away.  I was SO moved by her work, her style, her composition...

We then walked into HER studio...OMG...
where she was working on her latest masterpiece
and I have to tell you it was by far my favorite!!!  
She is so kind and OPEN and exudes the artist spirit that I hope to possess one day...

If this was not enough...OMG!!!  
I am heading BACK to receive some 
ONE on ONE instruction from her
to help me take my ART to the NEXT level!!!!!

To say that I am excited is the understatement of the YEAR! 
I barely slept last night
  This Northern Canadian girl is finally going to be able to learn and grow and thrive without having to hop on a plane.  Instead, I will hop into my car with my windows down and my music playing, and drive two hours South to sit ONE on ONE with an artist who has completely busted me OPEN.

This is HUGE.  This is a GIFT.  This is LIFE ALTERING for me...

So, I am heading there TOMORROW with my art supplies and my OPEN heart
grateful for this synchronicity and as excited as I used to be for the first day of school.

I'll let you know how it goes and I promise to show you more pictures. 
She has already given me homework so that's what I'll be doing today. 

Don't stop asking for what your heart desires... 
because you might just get it when you LEAST expect it.


 

9 comments:

  1. How exciting!!!!!:O) I cannot wait to hear all the details and will def checkout her site.Lucky Girl:O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when something or someone tugs at my heartstrings!!!
    So happy for you!!
    x0x0
    Debbie
    mybrowneyedgirldesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AMAZING Danielle. Lucky girl you are. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when you get that feeling! That deep in you gut, gasp out loud I have to do this feeling. Her work is so moving and beautiful. I know you will have an awesome time with her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos..pleasure to follow you on facebook also.
    Your work inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Wow. Wow.

    Weren't you just wishing for something like this! I am SO HAPPY for you!
    Eeeekkk....cannot wait to see what you do with her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo, awesome Danielle!!! I'm gonna go check out her work!
    Love to you,
    Jenny

    ps:can't wait to see the magic unfurl;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. can barely wait to see what you create! and oh the amazing things u'll learn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this post is AWESOME!! i love the serendipity of it and i love your DETERMINATION to meet Beverly!

    I'm looking forward to reading about this momentous first learning experience from your new mentor =-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your words. I tuck them inside my heart pocket. xo