Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Evolution of a Painting

  I woke up this morning with a fever...
A fever to paint!
Administration and other responsibilities 
kept me away from my studio the last couple of days
 and I could`t wait another moment.

I already had my canvas ready to go as I had prepared it last week.
This face needed to be seen.
She was NOT going to wait for another day,
or for a better time...
 
 She didn`t care that it was Saturday and not my usual day to paint.


So, I just went for it and listened to the direction she was giving me.
Beverly is the one who taught me to ask her what I should do...
I`ve been trying to do that more.
To let go of the control
 and just give into the direction the painting takes me.

 This painting measures 18 by 24 inches.

 She`s strong.
She believes.
She belongs.

 She knows what she needs to do.
She`s not afraid anymore...

 I think she`s just about finished...

 I`m so glad I gave into the fever and painted today...
This face would not have been on this canvas if I had waited until Monday.
She summoned me to the canvas.
All I did was show up!
xoxo

16 comments:

  1. She is very powerful, love her! I also love that I created a blog post earlier today with a very similar title. Of course my evolution wasn't nearly as beautiful as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, I just love you work ... truly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous masterpiece!... xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is stunning, Danielle. You just get more amazing every day. I love the words on her face and the black lines throughout. Is it Stabilo? Just stunning.....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't you just love that process???!!! you ask, you hear the voice (sometimes loud and clear, other times a faint whisper), you paint, and around and around ~ a conversation takes place.
    it's magical.
    LOVE your painting daniel!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. She makes me smile!!!! Thanks for sharing your process.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Love!!!!! Love all the details in her beautiful face:O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Danielle, your painting is really getting stronger. Your work with Beverly is paying off!
    Kathie V

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, what you have created with your paintbrush, your words, your voice. you have shown her to the world, & we are rejoicing! such depth, such texture, such spirit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you got the "fever" this morning and brought her here where all could see her! Also, your words are more or less the ones a friend wrote me today. I guess I needed to hear that message.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very beautiful I love the direction your inner voice is taking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh Danielle... she is SO very beautiful. As are your words.
    * She's strong. She believes. She belongs. *

    That, my dear, is just fucking poetic. I love it. The words just roll off my tongue and the painting caresses my eyelids... it's like my own on-line massage. :-)
    Thank you so much for sharing. Wishing you a wonderful week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is just beautiful. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is great! Seeing how you create your lovely ladies from scratch, truly appriciating all the details and work you put into them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your words. I tuck them inside my heart pocket. xo